Brighten and Boost Your Appearance with Porcelain Veneers
Rejuvenate your entire smile with porcelain veneers placed by Dr. Chad LaCour in Baton Rouge, LA. These thin porcelain shells are bonded to the front of your teeth. Once attached, they can conceal a wide array of cosmetic imperfections, including stains and even misshapen teeth. Along with traditional veneers, which require some enamel removal, Dr. LaCour offers minimal-prep veneers. He will evaluate your smile and determine the right option for you. Both types of veneers can dramatically improve your smile and improve your self-confidence. Schedule a consultation today to find out if porcelain veneers are right for you.
Veneers are a highly versatile cosmetic treatment and are often incorporated into smile makeover treatment plans. If you suffer from one or more of the following aesthetic concerns, veneers may be right for you:
- Dramatic discoloration that cannot be addressed with traditional teeth whitening
- Structural issues, such as small cracks, chips, or erosion
- One or more worn or oddly shaped teeth
- Teeth that are disproportionately small
Dr. LaCour can also use veneers to achieve the same appearance as some types of orthodontics. Although veneers cannot actually straighten your smile, they can correct the appearance of slightly misaligned or gapped teeth.
Traditional vs. Minimal-prep Veneers
To apply traditional veneers, Dr. LaCour must prep your teeth for treatment. He will remove a thin layer of enamel to keep your smile from looking bulky. Then he will take impressions of your teeth, and our partner lab will use the measurements to craft your veneers. In the meantime, Dr. LaCour can provide temporary veneers to prevent any sensitivity. When your final veneers are finished, he will lightly etch your teeth. This step will create more surface area and, thus, a stronger bond for your veneers. Finally, he will attach the porcelain shells to your teeth for an instant smile makeover.
If you are worried about the veneers placement process, you may opt for minimal-prep veneers. Made of thinner material, these veneers require little to no alteration of your tooth structure. However, because of their smaller size, they cannot perform all of the same cosmetic functions that traditional veneers can. Dr. LaCour will discuss your treatment goals and determine the most appropriate option. Although traditional veneers involve some enamel removal, they will not weaken your teeth.
There are a number of reasons to consider porcelain veneers:
- Veneers can address several concerns at once. Without veneers you would have to undergo multiple treatments to achieve the same effects. Therefore, this option can save you significant time and money.
- Veneers are highly lifelike. The porcelain comes in a range of natural shades, and we will choose the one that matches your teeth. Additionally, veneers have a sparkle and translucence that mimics natural tooth enamel.
- To maintain your veneers, you will simply need to maintain regular dental hygiene.
- With proper care, veneers can last ten years or more. Often, you can replace veneers, or we can recommend an alternative to keep your smile looking bright and beautiful.
Find Out If Veneers Are Right for You
Learn more about traditional and minimal-prep veneers during an appointment at our practice. Contact our office today.