A Smile Makeover Provides a Comprehensive Enhancement
By combining multiple cosmetic treatments, a smile makeover can help you achieve a smile that is brighter, more vibrant, and showcases your personality. In addition to providing excellent dental care for your health, Dr. Chad LaCour takes a personalized approach to beautify your smile and improve your overall appearance. Proudly serving Baton Rouge, LA, and surrounding areas, our practice commits to providing comprehensive dental care to your entire family.
Smile Makeover vs. Full Mouth Reconstruction
Oftentimes, smile makeovers can be confused with full mouth reconstruction. A full mouth reconstruction is necessary for patients who have serious dental issues affecting both the health and function of their smile.
Patients who want to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing appearance can benefit from a cosmetic smile makeover procedure, as long as they already have optimal oral health and function.
Cosmetic treatments not only improve your smile, but they also give you the self-assuredness to put your best foot forward.
This elective treatment plan combines one or more cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of the teeth and gums, providing a beautiful, natural-looking result. A smile makeover can address multiple concerns, such as:
- Misaligned teeth
- An asymmetrical smile
- Dental discoloration
- Spacing or overlapping
- Superficial cracks or fractures
Dr. LaCour can see you for a consultation in his office to assess your specific needs, and create a fully customized treatment plan to achieve your goals.
A personalized smile makeover can have stunning effects.
Cosmetic Treatments Included in a Smile Makeover
There are several methods of bringing beauty and symmetry to your smile, and the specific treatments will depend exclusively on the needs of each patient. Some patients may only need one or two procedures, while others may require multiple treatments that can take several weeks or even months to complete. Some commonly combined smile makeover treatments include:
- Porcelain Veneers: One of the most popular treatments for a smile makeover, veneers are bonded to the front surfaces of teeth to improve overall aesthetics.
- Gum Contouring: Often combined with veneers, gum contouring or reshaping can reveal more of each tooth's crown, correcting the appearance of a "gummy smile." We can also perform a soft tissue graft to correct the effects of gum recession.
- Dental Bonding: Bonding can be used to lengthen short or worn teeth, or fill small chips and cracks. This treatment is often used as a short-term or more affordable alternative to veneers.
- Teeth Whitening: Safe and effective whitening treatment can be performed in-office to brighten your smile. If being used in conjunction with other restorative treatment, teeth whitening is performed first so your crowns or veneers can be fabricated to match the shade of your new smile.
- Orthodontics: If you are concerned about crooked, crowded, or overlapping teeth, orthodontic treatment like Six Month Smiles® can gently realign your teeth.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
Cosmetic treatments not only improve your smile, but they also give you the self-assuredness you need to be your best self. A beautiful and brilliant smile can significantly improve your overall quality of life. When you choose Dr. LaCour for your smile makeover needs, you will receive the most streamlined dental care available, all in one location. Lastly, combining multiple procedures into one treatment plan can help save you both time and money.
Restore Your Confidence
If you are looking to improve the aesthetics of your smile, schedule a visit with Dr. LaCour to find out if a smile makeover is right for you. Contact us online, or call our office at (225) 757-8450.