Full Mouth Reconstruction Can Fully Repair Your Smile
If you suffer from extensive oral health problems, you can trust Dr. Chad LaCour's expertise in full mouth reconstruction to rejuvenate your bite and smile. A full mouth reconstruction is a completely customized treatment, combining two or more restorative treatments to address your particular areas of concern. In some cases, you can also include cosmetic procedures in your treatment plan. Dr. LaCour will use advanced technology and personal attention to plan a reconstruction that best meets your needs and goals. Following full mouth reconstruction at our Baton Rouge, LA, practice, you can eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.
Is a Full Mouth Reconstruction Right for You?
A full mouth reconstruction will address severe or widespread dental damage. You might choose to undergo this treatment if you are suffering from:
- Missing teeth
- Severe erosion that has affected your appearance or the force of your bite
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Extensive decay or multiple infected teeth
- Gum disease that has compromised the esthetics and function of your entire smile
Full mouth reconstruction may consist of two or several restorative procedures:
- Crowns: Made from advanced tooth-colored materials, crowns will fully encase your damaged teeth. They can cover large cavities, strengthen weak teeth, and perform many other functions.
- Bridges: A bridge is made of several crowns fused together. Dr. LaCour will attach this restoration to the nearby healthy teeth, filling in the gap in your grin.
- Implants: Like bridges, implants replace missing teeth. However, these restorations, which consist of tiny titanium posts placed in the jaw, are the most stable and durable tooth replacement option.
- Fillings: We offer tooth-colored fillings and can replace your old metal restorations, if desired.
- Root canal therapy: If you have a dental infection, Dr. LaCour will clean out your tooth and restore it with a custom-made crown.
- Gum grafting: Your dentist can address gum recession with a soft tissue graft.
- Orthodontics: Your doctor may recommend traditional braces or another type of orthodontics to correct crowding or other misalignment issues.
In addition, Dr. LaCour may recommend one or more cosmetic treatments. For example, porcelain veneers can cover up small chips that do not affect the deeper layers of your tooth.
Planning and Performing Your Treatment
Dr. LaCour will work carefully to design a treatment plan just for you. Our panoramic x-ray machine, iCAT® scanner, and 3-D computed tomography (CT) scans will provide a highly detailed view of your entire mouth. These images will give Dr. LaCour a good understanding of your health needs, and he can choose the treatments that are most appropriate for you. You will participate in the planning process, and you can choose treatments that meet your lifestyle and financial needs, as well.
Dr. LaCour typically performs full mouth reconstruction in stages. Often, you can choose the problems that you would like to address first. If you are nervous about your treatment, we can provide nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation, or intravenous (IV) sedation to help you stay relaxed. Dr. LaCour will also use advanced technology and treatment methods to further minimize your discomfort. For example, stem cell therapy and dental lasers can speed your healing following oral surgery.
Begin Developing Your Restorative Plan
Learn more about full mouth reconstruction and start designing your unique treatment plan. Contact our office today and find out how a full mouth reconstruction can restore your smile.